Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration from Architectural Digest

We recently had a client walk in with a picture from Architectural Digest, and a photo of her channel back chairs on her phone. She wanted her two chairs to look exactly like the chairs in the magazine. Or so she thought.

We started looking at cut velvets, just like the picture.

 
"It's beautiful, but it's boring. I think I want something more fun!" she said. "I know I'm old. But I don't want them to look like old lady chairs!" she said laughing.

It just wasn't doing it for her.

So we changed gears.

That happens a lot around here.

She went crazy when she found this Ikat fabric by Vervain. Okay, when I say crazy, I mean her eyes lit up and she was grinning ear-to-ear.

She loved the beautiful shades of blue and the bold pattern. "That's the one! I can't wait to see what the ladies in the retirement community think of these." she snickered. Really, she did. She had quite an evil snicker.

I liked this gal.

BEFORE




And the verdict? She LOVES them!
 
Fabric: Vervain
Pattern: Tondonia
Color: Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...