Monday, July 18, 2011

Beautiful neutral living room

I know I'm always trashing beige so I thought I would show a room that is primarily beige and it's beautiful.

The owners of this home just finished a major renovation. They basically gutted the whole house to make more space for their family of four.

They wanted to keep the palate neutral. In other words: beige. We made the drapes and Roman Shades in a beautiful beige linen. They added a few key pops of color to make it un-boring.

This is how you do beige. In my humble opinion, anyway.

This area is my favorite. I love that they chose this bold blue for the fireplace.
The sparkle of the chandelier adds texture and drama.


Notice the colorful tea cups on the coffee table.
The fabric on the chairs and ottoman have a nice tone-on-tone pattern.

The room has style and sophistication.

The dark walnut floors and lighting are a nice contrast to the beige. And the royal blue paint above the fireplace ,with the custom artwork, make the fireplace a beautiful focal point. Of course the gorgeous stone tile and beautiful mantle help too.

How do you do beige?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...